JFAK Associate Derek Greene was featured for the third year running in the annual Unfrozen Music, a free concert performed by an eclectic mix of Los Angeles area architects. Musicians/architects from firms across Los Angeles explored the intersection between music and architecture through classical piano, indie rock, blues and jazz.
"Structure, form, movement, cadence, light. The overlapping language often used to discuss work in the fields of both music and architecture represents only a prelude to the profoundly intimate duet shared by these two great art forms. Goethe’s assertion that architecture is frozen music goes the farthest by suggesting that in their essence the two are ultimately variations of the same thing," shared Craig Shimahara, of Shimahara Illustration, producer of the event.
Now in its eighth year, the event took place on the MLK Auditorium stage at the main branch of the Santa Monica Public Library.
2016 Unfrozen Musicians
- Derek Greene - Classical Piano
- Craig Jameson, AIA - Acoustic Guitar
- Sergio Valentini - Electric Guitar w/ Friends
- Jordan Levin, AIA - Ukulele/Harmonica
- Terence Young, AIA - Electric Cello w/ Matthaeus Szumanski (bass) and Rob Allen (guitar)